This statement covers the services provided by Oxford Institute, the management of Oxford Language Academy (“OLA”) on https://ola.oi.edu.sg.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the OLA website about the personal information that is collected from them when they visit the website, how this information is used, if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
Personal information is defined under the PDPA as data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified a. from that data; or b. from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
Collection of Personal Information
The data collected by Oxford Institute includes, but is not limited to personal information that can be linked directly to an individual. E.g. name, NRIC/FIN, contact number, email address.
How Your Personal Information May Be Used
All data and information collected from prospective and current students is kept confidential. However, in accordance with the PDPA, such data and information may be used, or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Evaluating suitability for admission or enrolment to course, employment in the School, or providing educational courses and training;
- Process your financial transactions;
- Send you order confirmations;
- Register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits and reminders that may be made available to guest or registered users;
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns;
- Administer your account;
- Send you course materials, information on course details and schedule via postal mail, electronic mail, SMS, fax and/or voice calls;
- To carry out market-related research and analysis to improve the School’s academic offering and operational strategy;
- Screening and risk prevention activities that are required by law or that are in accordance with the School’s regulation, including background checks via references and/or other information from prior educational institutions and employers;
- Request from regulatory entities, public agencies, or agencies authorised to carry out specific Government services or duties upon production of an official written authorisation from the head or director of the entity, certifying the request for the use and/or disclosure of personal data;
- Prevention of threat of life, health and security of an individual or corporate entity;
- Under requirement by law or defending the legal rights of the School;
- Assist in investigation of possible fraud, misconduct, unlawful actions, including provision of video footage from closed-circuit television systems to relevant authorities;
- Customs and immigration purposes;
- The purpose of the use and/or disclosure is evidently in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner; or
- Statistical analysis about users’ online experiences to enhance your online experience with the School’s website, from logged unidentifiable information about your visit to the Oxford Institute’s website.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Oxford Institute may use and disclose your personal data to third parties, who are in partnership or have relations with the School, for the purposes listed above. Should Oxford Institute requires the use and/or disclosure of data, apart from the above stated-purposes, the School will first seek the written consent from the student, unless requested by government agencies.
Should there be any changes to this policy, an updated version will be made available on this page. Regular updates ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and that your privacy is always protected.